Tuesday, December 13, 2011

One For You.. Two for Me.. One For You...

While Christmas shopping last week, I realized that I have a really bad habit of buying things for myself when I'm out shopping for others. I'm a firm believer in the whole 'reward yourself' idea, but this is getting a little ridiculous. Go to Murdoch's to buy something for my dad and I walk out with a new scarf and shirt for me, and one shirt for my dad. Last year I went into Eddie Bauer to buy one of their super awesome First Ascent fleece pullover for my little brother, and walked out with one for him and two for myself (hey, they were on sale for $10!!).

If this lady is anything like me, half of that stuff is for her.

I believe my purchases can mostly be contributed to impulse buying - I don't plan on buying things for myself, and as soon as I see something for me that's on sale, I immediately purchase it. Grr. Then, 9 times out of 10 I feel really bad about it and return it. Retailers must really LOVE me.

No comments:

Post a Comment